MedcoData offers a unique, private and secure method for suggesting and providing the same products you already sell in your practice to your core group of patients. With secure login credentials that you provide, your patients can purchase online all of the same products they would normally purchase at your practice, including prescriptions.
- Accounting software integration
- Significant potential for inventory reduction/control
- Practice personalized shipping labels
- Complete marketing campaigns with custom reporting
- Website integration
If you already have a website, the MedcoData Patient Product Portal can easily be configured to blend into your current look and feel and ensure the integrity of your brand presence.
The foundation of Meaningful Use is, of course, having a certified EHR system, but there are two objectives that are cumbersome to achieve without a patient portal, specifically patient education and patient access to electronic records.
The specific Meaningful Use measures that a patient portal can help to meet are:
- Patients have timely electronic access to changes in health information (Menu Set)
- Patients gain access to electronic copies of their health record (Core Set)
- Clinical summaries are provided to patients after each office visit (Core Set)
- Patient-specific education resources (Menu Set)
In practice, many EHR companies have recognized that their clients want to purchase a patient portal from a third party (versus the EHR company themselves), so we have found that the EHR company will help the practice meet all the measures in Meaningful Use with the lone exception of the Timely Access measure.