I found some great statistics and figures on how social media impacts the health care industry. MedCo Data’s Digital Marketing Strategies are some great ways to help get your practice noticed, engaged, and consistently updated on search engines and social media.
- More than 40% of consumers say that information found via social media affects the way they deal with their health. (source: Mediabistro)
- 18 to 24 year olds are more than 2x as likely than 45 to 54 year olds to use social media for health-related discussions. (source: Mediabistro)
- 90% of respondents from 18 to 24 years of age said they would trust medical information shared by others on their social media networks. (source: Search Engine Watch)
- 31% of health care organizations have specific social media guidelines in writing. (source: Institute for Health)
- 19% of smartphone owners have at least one health app on their phone. Exercise, diet, and weight apps are the most popular types. (source: Demi & Cooper Advertising and DC Interactive Group)
To find the remaining interesting stats and why it all matters, read more on Referral MD